9 Step Korean Hair Care That Will Make Your Hair Come Alive!
The Korean wave has given us the insides in the K-beauty regime (which we are all here for). Koreans take their routines solemnly and add steps to nourish their hair inside out.
These rituals encourage root nourishment or scalp health which is crucial to maintain hair quality and strength. Multiple factors are responsible for bad hair quality but, adding the right steps can make a visible variance.
Are you manifesting beautiful hair like your fav K-drama actress? Yes, then we are revealing the ten steps to achieve smooth, luxurious hair.
1. Scalp Scaler - The scalp scaler is one of the most crucial steps in the ritual as it involves cleaning the dead skin, oil, and pollutants from the scalp. Use it before the shampooing process, use it once a week, and wash it off after 10 minutes of application.
2. Shampoo - The second step is to shampoo your hair to remove the left scaler, and they recommend using a gentle shampoo to ensure no further damage. Koreans focus on adding steps that help them balance all the product usage and massage to enable blood circulation.
3. Scalp Massage : During shampooing, they put an extra effort to massage their scalp. This process helps with blood circulation and activates the hair follicles. You can use your fingers to massage thoroughly or use a scalp massager.
4. Conditioner : shampoo and scalp massage. Take some amount of conditioner and lather it onto your hair. Then massage for another 05 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
5. Hair Mask : Korean hair care routine focuses on Hair masks as they provide deep nourishment and conditioning to the hair. They prefer using homemade masks that include natural hair oils like castor oil, coconut oil, or argan oil.
These oils are known to treat hair frizziness, dryness ad split ends. They also add rice, banana, yogurt, coconut, and mayonnaise which are available in the Indian pantry.
It is recommended not to use any masks with sulfates and paraben.
6. Vinegar Rinse : To balance the scalp's PH level, they dilute a cup of apple cider vinegar with two cups of water and then pour it onto the scalp. You can then pour the rest of the solution onto your hair lengths. Wait for 05 minutes and rinse with cold water.
7. Scalp And Hair Toners : To enhance the oxygenation of the scalp, Koreans regularly exfoliate their hair by scrubbing. This process helps to ensure no dirt buildup and rejuvenate the scalp. You can follow this step once a week with a mild scalp scrub.
8. Scalp And Hair Serums : This step helps in calming the inflammation, infections and eradicating dandruff. Serums have anti-microbial properties which, hydrate and treats your scalp tissues.
They also work best to volumize and moisturize your tresses. After your hair is towel dry, apply a small amount to your hair to get the perks.
9. Overnight Treatment : To nourish the hair deeply, Koreans prefer using overnight hair treatment. These treatments can deeply repair and reverse the damage caused by hair styling and products.
An added step that Koreans follow is taking vitamins that adds the right kind of nurturing from the inside. These steps are practiced religiously by women in Korea, and these have great results immediately.
These ten steps can be tiring to follow, but the results will give you the extra love your hair needs.