Self-care Practices You Need in Your Period Routine
Indulging in self-care is vital, especially when mother nature's gift arrives! That time of the month is a fanciful experience and differs for ladies in many offbeat ways.
Taking extra care of yourself is another way to pamper during the moon time, and with stress, Cramps, mood swings taking a toll on your day, self-care can help drastically! Even before your periods, keep your body pampered to prepare before you get your period and pass it more smoothly.
You can outsmart the hormones by perpetuating cliché methods of self-care and make them your way to feeling good and best throughout your periods. With our modern-day lifestyles, we lost the very essence of understanding what our body needs but no issues. We have found ways you include self-care with minimum effort.
Let's start by taking small steps to understand our body needs and help it be its best version during moon time.
Here is the list of self-care you can include:
1. Take a walk: No one wants to like exercising during periods! We know, but you can take a brisk walk and your favorite calming playlist. Being outside can change your mood, plus sitting on your couch eating those chocolate chip cookies will not help(Sometimes it does help). Stepping out of your comfort zone and taking a long walk will help you lessen your stress levels and get energized by nature around you.
2. Avoid unhealthy junk food: It takes a decade to tackle the mighty junk food cravings throughout the menstrual cycle. We know those fries have some magical powers that one bite, and we are on cloud 9, but it won't last long. Eating junk food during your periods can increase menstrual discomfort. So try skipping it and eat food items that have high nutrient content. Having some dark chocolate will help improve your mood.
3. Sleep for at least 8 hours: Oh, beauty sleep can do wonders, ladies! Sleeping for at least 7-8 hours can magically transform your entire life cycle, not just your menses cycle. Good sleep can make you energetic and fix your hormones. Set your temperature as you like, switch off all digital devices, light your favorite candle, cuddle with your beloved blanket and Sleep like a baby! It will do the trick, and your morning will be more joyful.
4. Journal your thoughts: It might sound a little trivial, but journaling helps, and this is a universal sign to get your notebooks out. Writing down your thoughts will help you understand how your patterns change during periods and dates. It will be easier for you to spot them and do better the next time. Progressive Ahah!
5. Take hot showers and pamper your body: Warm bath or hot shower is the most relaxing way to get rid of all the stress and tension of the day. It relieves tension and pain caused by cramps or muscle soreness. You can add essential oils and Epsom salt to boost relaxation.
Your body deserves love and care, so take a day off, have a spa day, read the book you wanted to take off the shelf and pamper using body masks. Take care of yourself!
Periods can be troublesome, but what is the solution?
We have a solution to help you get through with it. Go, get yourself a That Time of The Month Gummies that will drastically improve your period symptoms for good.
These berry-flavored gummies have Vitamin-B6 that helps with reducing a wide range of PMS indications and mood fluctuations, and Chasteberry extracts are known to calm period cramps.
We care about you, and if you resonate with any of these signs, we recommend you reach out to a medical professional for help.