Power Over Periods: 5 Asanas To Regulate Your Irregular Periods
Period, there are a number of reasons why it becomes a hurdle for females every month. Irregular periods, heavy bleeding, menstrual spasms, and irrepressible mood swings have become common due to lifestyle changes and many other factors.
Most of the period symptoms are extremely challenging, especially with the fast-paced life. We all keep things handy, but not always they can help escape the unbearable pain. Adding morning rituals to daily routines does amplify the ability to balance and improve with the period symptoms.
You can start your morning rituals by taking your vitamins to ensure that your body is nourished from the inside and doing physical activity to relax your body muscles plus the mindful movement will energize and minimize the symptoms.
When we talk about mindful movement, the first thing that comes to mind is yoga! Yoga involves body movement that assists in relieving pain and regulating the menstrual cycle.
It is a conventional belief that one should not work out during periods, but some studies prove otherwise. Yoga involves poses that lift your mood and involves muscles that tend to get stiff.
Let's start with understanding Irregular periods and their causes:
A common condition among women of this generation, it ordinarily due to ever-changing diets, stressful environments, climate change, and health issues. A menstrual cycle is 28 days which is considered a regular cycle, and it can range from 21 days to 38 for some. In most cases, they are considered irregular if they have surpassed 35 days or have experienced bleeding within 21 days of your previous periods.
Irregular periods are normal if they have happened once but if repeated, then considerably consult a doctor. Changes in your hormonal levels, medical conditions like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), excessive exercise, changing birth control pills, and using certain medications are a few reasons that cause irregular periods.
They can get stimulated due to other factors like thyroid issues, pregnancy, breastfeeding, uterine fibroid, intrauterine device, and anxiety. One of the most reliable ways to regulate your irregular period, painful menstrual cramps, and menstrual disorder is by including yoga in your routine. We found poses that can fix your period-related issues by targeting the right muscle plus act as an instant mood booster.
Here are the 5 asanas you help with your irregular periods:
1. Ustrasana (Camel Pose): This pose stretches your entire body and is an excellent activity to regulate your periods. It relieves menstrual pain and strengthens your shoulders and back, improves posture and elasticity, massages your internal organs, and opens up your chest.
2. Upavishta Konasana (wide-angle seated forward bend): This pose improves blood circulation to the lower abdomen and circulates the pelvic area, widening and relaxing the pelvic floor. It helps with proper menstrual flow.
3. Baddha konasana (Butterfly pose): The most beneficial asana, the Butterfly asana has tons of benefits for menstrual problems. Butterfly pose increases blood circulation and helps stimulate organs like the kidney and bladder. It helps with stress as well.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose): The cobra pose relieves exhaustion and calms the body. It helps with digestion and eases discomfort in the back or neck. It helps regulate periods by reducing stress.
5. Savasana (Corpse Pose): The last and but the least yoga pose that stretches your body and relaxes your mind. Practicing this pose helps overcome menstrual pain and relieves stress which is one of the root causes of irregular periods.
These yoga poses/ asanas have other beneficial rewards that help your body entirely, and you know what else can help you with menstrual problems, That Time of The Month Gummies!
That Time of The Month gummies heals Constant mood pangs, anxiety, bloating, painful cramps. These gummies will help you bounce back to your daily task and help you move along with your lifestyle.
These Power gummies have Vitamin C that helps with iron deficiencies and repairs body tissues. Vitamin B6, magnesium sulfate, and milk thistle can relax muscles and balance your mood.